These ordering tips help you put together your personalized YoBlocks order. If you are ordering a pre-designed set, which does not include photos from your personal archive, just place your order through our Etsy store—no need to worry about these tips!
- JPG files are the best for us. Most digital cameras automatically take photos with the file name ending in .jpg, so your image file name might look something like this: IMG_1234.jpg. That would work perfectly!
- Please only use photos that you have the right to use.
- You may have to send your images to use in multiple emails – that’s ok! Please make sure to put your full name in the subject line of your emails.
- When you are selecting photos from your personal collection, be aware that all images will be cropped by our artists to fit a square shape (see example to the right). Make sure that the part of the photo you want displayed on a YoBlock fits into a square. You can always send us notes about your photos in your order; we will be in communication with you via email or phone if we have any questions about how to crop your photos.
- Try color-coordinating your photos and block colors! Photos taken in the grass look great on green blocks, photos with a lot of sky come alive on blue blocks, and brightly-colored clothing in any of the YoBlocks colors can enhance the effect of this educational toy. Our Ordering Worksheet can help you in organizing your ideas.
- Block sets in 3, 6, or 10 can create color-coded pyramids! This can add to the educational dimension of YoBlocks, adding sorting and counting to your child’s playtime.